FREE SHIPPING on Orders Over $85

AVIVA logo of a stylized lotus flower next to elegant type reading AVIVA WO/MAN It's time to feel like you again

Help For Women Who Can’t Have An Orgasm

Hormone Health, Relationships, Women's Health

Some facts of life are unpleasant but true. And not being able to reach an orgasm during sexual intercourse is one of them. Some reports suggest that only 10 percent of women don’t have difficulty in achieving an orgasm, while the remaining 90 percent of women have to deal with some aspect of sexual dissatisfaction. It is also found that women are less likely to have an orgasm when compared with men. In approx. 95 percent of heterosexual encounters, men report orgasms but for women, it ranges from only 50 – 70 percent, depending on the study. Every woman’s body responds differently and figuring out what does and doesn’t work can be a complicated business. Aviva Woman stands as a place for women and couples to discuss such difficulties and find treatment options that enable her to enjoy intimacy again.

There are many reasons why women may have trouble climaxing during intercourse. It is often believed reaching a perfect climax during sex is easy, but for many women, it can be a struggle. Difficulty in climaxing, Orgasmic Dysfunction, is one of the most common sexual complaints that are reported by women today.

What is orgasmic dysfunction?

Orgasmic dysfunction, anorgasmia, or Coughlan’s syndrome is a medical condition when a woman finds difficulty in achieving an orgasm level when she is sexually excited. Women who can’t have an orgasm during sexual intercourse can often feel guilty for the emotional stress it can put on the relationship further adding to sexual dysfunction.

Types of Orgasmic Dysfunction

Situational Orgasmic Dysfunction

In this type (most common), the climax is only achieved under certain circumstances such as masturbation or oral sex.

Lifelong Orgasmic Dysfunction

A person has never achieved an orgasm.

Generalized Orgasmic Dysfunction

In this type of dysfunction, an orgasm can’t be achieved in any situation even when sexual stimulation is sufficient.

Acquired Orgasmic Dysfunction

When a person used to have orgasms but gradually the ability to reach a climax is difficult.

Symptoms of Orgasmic Dysfunction

Symptoms of orgasmic dysfunction that can distress an individual or affect their relationship include:

  • Unsatisfying orgasm
  • Delayed orgasms
  • Inability to orgasm
  • Pain in the lower abdomen during sex

Why can reaching climax be difficult?

Research shows that about 18 percent of women can reach orgasm during sexual intercourse and 36 percent of women shows that clitoral is required. Other factors such depression and anxiety, exhaustion and stress effect the desire to engage in sexual relations.

Possible Reasons for Orgasmic Dysfunction

Women who struggle to orgasm might think that there is something wrong with them. Determining the underlying cause is key to developing a well thought out treatment plan. Self-confidence or trauma is best treated with a mental health expert. While physical reasons can be treated by an intimate care expert. Some reasons for orgasmic dysfunction may include:

  • Lack of confidence in your body can affect sexual performance
  • Improper sexual stimulation is one of the common reasons women are unable to reach orgasm
  • Loss of sensation due to childbirth
  • Low libido
  • Hormone imbalance
  • Depression and anxiety
  • Too much intake of alcohol impacts the blood flow in the clitoris that can make it difficult for a woman to orgasm

How can orgasmic dysfunction be treated?

The treatment of orgasmic dysfunction usually depends upon its causes. For women who have lost sensation, medical treatments such as ThermiVa and sexual function injections can be used to improve sensation. Libido creams can also be prescribed by an experienced provider to help with blood flow to the clitoral region. To address desire and libido, bio-identical hormone pellets and other bio-identical therapy is a key player in a thorough treatment plan. When a medical condition is a cause, then one can look at the ways to overcome the underlying issues with libido creams, BHRT, ThermiVa, and sexual function injections. There are times when counseling or therapy may be the answer when a relationship or psychological factors are the cause.

At AVIVA WO/MAN’s Salt Lake City location, we offer Thermiva and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, as well as Sexual Function Injections for Men and for Women. If you’re curious what service is right for you, we offer free private consultations, which you can book here.

Don’t miss out on insider secrets promotions, events, and AVIVA specials!

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Mother whispers into her smiling daughters ear while they sit on a couch together