I LOVE TEACHING WOMEN HOW TO CARE FOR THEIR BODIES AND IMPROVE THEIR LIVES.
I have always wanted to be a nurse. In my youth I was often found helping with the births of kittens, puppies, and lambs. I was fascinated with new life. I proceeded through nursing school at Salt Lake Community College and Brigham Young University-Idaho and began the path of helping women learn about their bodies, their needs during birth, and how to feel empowered with knowledge and understanding. I love teaching women how to care for their bodies and improve their lives. I have spent the last 20 years caring for laboring mothers and sick infants in the NICU. I spent two years in the adult ICU setting further developing my skills. I continued my education at the University of Utah where I studied midwifery and women’s health nurse practitioner specialties, earning my Doctoral degree. I feel that this course of study allows me to better care for women with the most up-to-date information, empowering women to make the best choices for their life.
I was born in Nevada and raised around the United States…an “Army brat”. I have three boys, one girl, two grandchildren and the most supportive husband ever. I spend my limited free time quilting, gardening, shopping and being outdoors.
Certification and Education
- Salt Lake Community College AS, AAS Nursing 1998
- Brigham Young University-Idaho Bachelor’s in Nursing 2010
- University of Utah Doctorate of Nursing Practice 2013
- Certified Nurse Midwife 2013
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified 2013
- SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) 2010
- STABLE 1999
- ACLS 2009-2011
- Breastfeeding Educators class IHC 2010
- IUD insertion certification 2012
- Nexplanon certification 2013
- BLS exp: 2014
- NRP exp: 2015
- American College of Nurse Midwives
- Utah Nurse Practitioner Association
- Utah Nurse Association
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society